Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Call me: In-shape

Here is a little bit about me.

My name is Kevin. I'm 19 years old from Philadelphia, PA. I stand a whopping 6'2,173 pounds. I'm fairly social, I'm even a Resident Assistant at my university!

What's incredible about my story is that it has been seen before by many, from an entirely different person, but it is viewed almost as a Godly-task to accomplish.

I moved into my dorm this time last year at a study 241 pounds. I never, and I mean virtually NEVER, cared about what I ate or working out. All I cared about was that my endurance for any kind of sport was as bad as it could possibly get, which made me feel ashamed. My family is/was very enabling, and played a decent part in my obesity (it's so much easier to use that word when referring to yourself in the past!)

Even though I didn't exercise or eat better, I did try a diet pill the summer of my Freshman year of college; it was called Proactal. It doesn't work miracles. I took it all summer, and I think I lost four pounds total (probably just a fluke; I literally wasted 200-something dollars on pills because I felt bad about myself.

Just take this as a warning, those of you who ever think of going this route: Diet pills are OK (sometimes), but will only show you real results if you have a healthy regiment of diet and exercise. I know it is a pain in the butt, and I know that it changes your whole lifestyle, but that is what it takes for you to achieve the body you desire-or at least one close to it!


Would you believe it if I told you that this was me last September?


Well, it was.

I went on a quest from October to May to lose all of my body fat (not literally all...just a lot). I did that, aside from my lovehandles, and lost nearly 70 pounds. I want a new challenge; weight loss isn't enough anymore. It is the beginning to a two-part journey.

I want to build a gorgeous, muscular body. Oh yes, yes I do...

I've moved in to my new dwellings at school recently, and I will begin to hit the gym soon enough (I need to wait a week or so.) I want to look like Mark Wahlberg, back when he was in the Funky Bunch.

I know I can do it. I have supplements, a fantastic base to build off of, and a state-of-the-art gym at my college to use. Oh, and a great attitude.


I'll be updating my blog periodically. Maybe weekly, who knows. Maybe when I just feel like it. Eh.


Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment